Title

Are you sure?

Forum IMPORTANT: A way to save or have a good UDC (33)

IMPORTANT: A way to save or have a good UDC (33)

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

Dear UDC user

I think, that users can really decide what is the future of this portal.

In my opinion - this portal needs to change. It has to listen more to its' members.

It has to be operated by non-profit organization, which is financially supported by members donations and companies sponsorships.
We all know Wikipedia (http://www.facebook.com/l/8945cRJWI9LBxuM7WB7Mve97jAw;wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/) This is great example, how a massive web page can be managed.

To make big decisions, UDC community has to elect a "Parliament", where every user can submit his/her opinion about important topics.
UDC should be best the website and place, where to meet other pet lovers. To chat, to ask practical advice, to find new friends.

But we have to make more things for homeless dogs and cats in the world. Our biggest goal should be how to change the World to be a better place for every dog and cat.

As a non-profit organisation UDC should be flexible and transparent to all it's members - starting from the decision making processes and finances.

If YOU, the members of UDC, really join hands, then it can happen!

Quote | 7 years ago

Please send to as many other UC/UD site as possible...I have a meeting now.

Mara 
Quote | 7 years ago

this sounds good! we can campaign for sponsors as well, can't we?

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

This letter is NOT from ME....

At the moment I need to know from people:
1) Willing to pay an annual fee - about $10-$20 (Y/N)
2) Willing to make voluntary donations (Y/N)
3) Can help finding sponsership (Y/N)

This is really important and we need to know numbers soon.

Daff 
Quote | 7 years ago

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No.

darcyd 
Quote | 7 years ago

Yes, within reason

When I am able, which is not always
I have no bigtime connections but I would suggest some smaller classified type ads for smaller cat-dog-related projects or companies who wish to participate. I was quoted 1500 to advertise my book which is way more than I as an individual could manage. There maybe should be some lower than corporate rates that would bring in more small advertisers who would still provide revenue.
I am sure most of us feel strongly about homeless cats and dogs and cruelty but please let's not forget that the last thing many of us need is somewhere else to go and campaign endlessly for things that are very long term. It should still be fun.

Quote | 7 years ago

I have copied this now to other all the other sites (in English). We need to have a large number of answers.

Please leave answers here or go to
http://apps.facebook.com/causes/posts/489150

Quote | 7 years ago

That was written by a mind reader. I was just thinking this morning, how hard can it be to run the site ourselves on a non profit basis. I would not know how to go about acquiring the site, but assuming that it could be done, it should not be beyond our wits to run it. I am not sure if we should try to take on all the various language sites. Perhaps we should think of the international site only. The main cost would presumably be a decent server with connectivity and loads of space. Quite expensive I should imagine.

Quote | 7 years ago

OW - this would have help - to run it...but I need the Y/N to those answers (We need about 10,000 answers!)

Quote | 7 years ago

yes
yes
no

Etta 
Quote | 7 years ago

YES
YES
and unfortunately NO.
I will do all I can to help.

Shinta 
Quote | 7 years ago
edited by
Shinta 

1. No. (It's expensive enough if it's converted to Rupiah).
2. Yes.
3. No.

Quote | 7 years ago

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No - regrettably

Astrid 
Quote | 7 years ago

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No.

Quote | 7 years ago

1) YES
2) YES
3) If possible, YES
I will do all I can to help

Quote | 7 years ago

1 ) yes
2 ( yes )
3 ( no )

Quote | 7 years ago

oldwoman:

Perhaps we should think of the international site only.

The Spanish site is bigger than our international site, the Italian site may quite possibly be bigger and the French site is about the same size as ours. And of course there's our Estonian site "mother site". All of these sites have sponsors/advertisers and have many users who don't speak English. I think we definitely need them to make a go of things (and possibly the Dutch and Croatian sites as well).

Morky 
Quote | 7 years ago

1. yes
2. Yes
3. No

Quote | 7 years ago

1, yes
2, yes
3, no

Quote | 7 years ago

Is the mouse/biscuit idea at all viable with this or ????......I apologize as I have my daughter and her two girls arriving at any minute and I can't delve into all this, immediately but will try to get back here and understand better what is what.........Until as soon as I can get back...... to everyone.....Joan

You have to be logged in

Edit |
Delete
just now