Title

Are you sure?

Forum simple home remedy cures UTI (73)

simple home remedy cures UTI (73)

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

Little becky, mom s 7 month old kitten has a second uti in 2 months. the first was cured with antibiotics but yesterday was christmas and no vets available unless we want to pay 2 arms and 2 legs for the 24 hr clinic 20 miles away. i was looking for home remedies to treat her and came across this amazing site. It seems you can cure a cat s uti with apple cider vinegar. ( acv ). I went out in the icy rain and got her some.I gave her 1/4 teaspoon mixed with her pate and added water and she ate the whole thing and she wanted more. I fed her again only the pate this time and she ate all of that. it was 2;15pm and now she is resting comfortably. hope she can pee more when she gets up. Please pray this works. here s the link

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/cystitis2.html

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

Oh just gave her another teaspoon with water in a dropper. she drank 1/2 of it. She seemms much more comfortable as she s sleeping. God i hope it works. Ill keep you all up to date.

Jen 
Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

we hope it does we love Becky !!! If it does, it could save cats of those who cant afford or get to a vet!!!Love,
Sydney, Tobey, Chockey. & Sis Jen

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

I´d like to help you...but, what´s a uti??
sorry for my english...

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

Hope it does the trick.

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

I´d like to help you...but, what´s a uti??
sorry for my english...

Urinary Tract Infection.

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

[quote]I´d like to help you...but, what´s a uti??
sorry for my english...

Urinary Tract Infection.

[/quote]

ah ok, thanks for your ansewer.
My cat, Arturo, often suffer from urinary infection, He eat only foot without magnesium and sometimes I use homeopathic remedies

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

fantastic news. it worked. she woke up and went straight to the litterbox and had a big pee. whew, The litterboxes were clean and I was there when she went so Im totally thrilled. Ill give her another dose 1/2 tsp with her pate and dilute it with water. This Ill continue for the next 3 to 5 days. wow. she should be back to almost normal in 24 hrs, they say. As for her poo, I have not seen her poo yesterday or today so i put a little EV olive oil in the bottom of a spoon and had her lick it. hopefully it will make her stool slide out. Will keeep you up to date. and tx for praying for her.

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

Awesome advice. I was wondering if there was anything like cranberry juice for cats for UTIs. Will be praying!

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

it s11;44 pm and becky has peed a few times and she had a bowel movement after I had her running for paper balls. She will have a good night sleep and hopefully tomorrow she will keep improving as I continue with the acv.Did you know they say that acv also helps for respiratory problems among other things. worth reading about this stuff.

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

oh jen, there are caplets of cranberry gel that are sold in health food stores or pet supply store.they are also very good.

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

So glad Becky is feeling better.

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

this morning i got up and cleaned the 3 litterboxes so I could monitor her urine . as I cleaned she just looked at me so it seemed she didn t feel the urgency to go, good sign. I fed her the pate with 1 tsp of acv with water and she ate most of it, she went to the litterbox and had a small pee, more than a few drops but she might have gone earlier. She is very playful and energetic this morning so hopefully she ll continue her progress.

tasha 
Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

Can i serve my cats Apple cider vinegar on a daily basis? they do not have UTI but i would like to prevent it to hapen to them

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

they say to use it as a preventative method by putting some in their water bowl. that s what I ve just done this morning. I have 3 medium size stainless steel bowls and I put 11/2 tsp in each bowl filled with water. they also say that it s very good for breath, shiny coat and you could also rub it on the scruff of the neck for a cat that has respiratory problems. It is also good in soothing arthritic pain.

Yesterday becky went to the litterbox and did a big pee in just a few seconds, that means, the flow was normal. This morning, she had a very small pee but she could have gone to the litterbox before i wasup. Keeping my fingers crossed that she is still ok. keeping you all up to date on her progress.

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

I found another site for acv ( apple cider vinegar ) amazinf info

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

here s more info. you have to read this. it s a miracle cure for diabetes, weight loss, headaches, acid reflux, cholesterol, high blood pressure, ear infections and the list goes on and on. tried and true.. here s the link

http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/home-remedies.html

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

Beware – Not all apple cider vinegars are created equal!

Many commercial apple cider vinegars have been pasteurized, filtered, refined or distilled in order to make the product look good, and thereby more appealing to the general public.
Unfortunately this extra processing destroys much of the healthy goodness and thus many of the apple cider benefits that were in the product in the first place.

The best type of apple cider vinegar to use is one made from cold pressed, organically grown whole apples, in which no chemicals or preservatives have been added, which contains the "mother of vinegar", and is not pasteurized. The "mother of vinegar" is a natural gelatinous substance formed during the last fermentation step.
This type of wholesome apple cider vinegar can be readily found in most health food stores and can be conveniently purchased online.

Alternatively, you can brew your own nutritious apple cider vinegar at home. It´s surprisingly easy to do and the whole family can be involved.
For a step-by-step procedure on the home preparation of apple cider vinegar, click on the Homemade Vinegar section.

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

becky is doing extremely well on the acv. unbelievable.

Quote | 7 years ago
edited by

Perhaps I should try it on my self.

You have to be logged in

Edit |
Delete
just now