Title

Are you sure?

Forum My cat acts real scared when in the living room (25)

My cat acts real scared when in the living room (25)

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

Why does my cat act scared in the living room when we first moved in he was fine now blaze doesn´t even like the front room when I bring him up front he claws me to shreds and runs to the back and it is the only place he does this strange thing to note this flat we live in is where I lived when i was younger and where I lived when my dad passed away it seems like he sees my dad and it sounds strange but its like he can see my dad cause this was the most frequented room he would stay in so any suggestions why my cat would freak out in the living room because it is worrying me thank you very much

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

It could be that something scared him, while you were out, in that room. It may be a strange smell that he is scared off. It may be that there as an altercation in that room with one of your other cats? All these things can set a cat against a specific space. Especially smells. I would clean the room from top to bottom, and then slowly try and ease him in with treats etc.

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

Yes, I honestly believe cats can see ghosts and he VERY well could see your dad. We us to live in a house where a little boy passed away and I had a cat who use to what I thought was watch the ghost. He would follow something around the livingroom as if he were watching something no one else could see. He wasn´t afraid of whatever he was seeing though. but, that in my opinion is what your cat is seeing and isn´t enjoying what he´s seeing lol.. He´s only 7 months old (just checked) maybe too young yet.. Give him time and if he doesn´t want to go in that room then keep him out of it. In time he may go in there and get use to whatever he´s seeing or feeling in that room.

But it really is hard to say why he´s afraid of that room...

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

I understand it might be a smell but it is not that. Ok I may sound crazy but where i got the computer my dads recliner used to sit and when i go towards that area he totally freaks out i mean he tries to claw me to ribbons this is no jike but when my dad was alive he did not like cats i mean he wouldnt abuse them but he did not like them in the house so I think his spirit is scaring the mess out of poor blaze but thats just my theory

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

Cats I think do see spirits. My cats look around the place and play with stuff that isnt there and they just stare at something that isnt there. I live in a very old apt complex dated 60 years ago. These apt buildings used to house the guys in WWII and was a bomb sheltor. I dont want this to sound toooo crazy and scary to you but try to capture some EVPs which is Electronic voice phenonmenon you can get a voice recorder or digital voice recorder and record the living room area to see if you can hear anything..i did this in my house and it was strange and weird what I got back. I recorded myself sleeping in my room and I live alone with my cats and I played it back i heard me snoring and all of a sudden I hear this whisper saying wake up! That scared me.LOL but nways

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

"ghosts" can be a person´s energy signature that is left behind. Try to find on the web some ways that one can get rid of this and see if it helps.

Elisha 
Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

cats do see spirits, it may be a spirit that is sending negative energy thats frightening him, perhaps??? i know this isnt going to sound believeable cause its hard to say when ur not there, but my sis did the wigi (how ever u spell it) in my room and used a candle, i lit the candle and since i did it, there had been strange things happening, my cupboard doors would open on their own, my mircrowave would start beeping even though it wasnt plugged in weird hey, my cat tigger would sometimes freeze while walking down the hallway and then he would bolt the other away. we were told to buy a new bible open it to any page and leave it in the room, close the door and leave it for a few hours, then return close the book, tape it up and through it away. mum and i thought it was silly, but oddly enough it worked, no more beeping microwave or opening cupboards

Elisha 
Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

Cats I think do see spirits. My cats look around the place and play with stuff that isnt there and they just stare at something that isnt there. I live in a very old apt complex dated 60 years ago. These apt buildings used to house the guys in WWII and was a bomb sheltor. I dont want this to sound toooo crazy and scary to you but try to capture some EVPs which is Electronic voice phenonmenon you can get a voice recorder or digital voice recorder and record the living room area to see if you can hear anything..i did this in my house and it was strange and weird what I got back. I recorded myself sleeping in my room and I live alone with my cats and I played it back i heard me snoring and all of a sudden I hear this whisper saying wake up! That scared me.LOL but nways

that is scary!!! reading this gave me goosebumps lol

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

Not to pour cold water on the ghost theory but a likely explanation is just as Marketa says: something frightened him in the room when you weren´t there. It could have been anything unexpected - if you´re at ground level he could have seen something outside (strange dog or cat), if you´re not...a big bird could have slammed up against the window. It could have been a loud noise from the street or something in the back garden...you may never know. If you want to help him feel comfortable back in there again, try putting him in his carrier and bringing him into the room. Just into the entrance at first and let him sit in there quietly. When he´s comfortable, give him a few treats while he´s sitting quietly and take him out. Every day bring him a little further into the room, have him stay a bit longer and give him treats and plenty of praise for sitting quietly. This may take some time - he can be fine in his carrier for an hour (if he hasn´t just eaten or drunk water). Be in the room with him and just do stuff you would normally do and let him watch you and see there´s nothing to be afraid of. Eventually you can bring him in without the carrier and see what happens.

I do believe cats can sense things we can´t - I just read an article about infrasound (sound above or below the level of human hearing). It´s possible he can feel vibrations coming off a furnace or electrical line that make him uncomfortable. If that´s the case he might not ever want to go in there, but if he was fine when you first moved in I think you teach him to feel happy in there again if you´re patient about it.

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

I have had a black cat "ghost" for years. I see it everywhere where ever I live. (no, I dont have a bottle in my hand) it is less now that i rescued lou but I did see him the other day and lou bounces off the wall trying to play with it. strange stuff or maybe I need meds.

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

roflmao teri13... haha I doubt you need meds

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

hahahhaha teri no u dont need meds certain people have the abilities to see spirits I see them as well but I really got scared about it sooo I had to pray for the white light to be around me and to not see anymore spirits and i havent seen any at all anymore. I just hear things now. My cats do see things as well ....i do believe you teri i do

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

I know this is off topic... sorry mods lol... But, when I was younger my dad died when I was 2yrs old. When I was around 13yrs old I use to dream about him, not normal dreams though. Dreams where he would take me to a house he lived in and grew up in. I had never been in that house other then those "dreams" and I could tell my mom every thing about the house, what the walls looked like, the layout etc. I also was in the attic and in there was his sister who also passed a year after him and two other people I believe to be his grandparents. Although none of them every spoke in the dreams I knew what they were saying to me. So scary.... I prayed to never have a dream again and I haven´t.. Now I wish I could!!!!! So not only can you see spirits in your awake time you can encounter them in your sleep time as well...

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

hahahhaha teri no u dont need meds certain people have the abilities to see spirits I see them as well but I really got scared about it sooo I had to pray for the white light to be around me and to not see anymore spirits and i havent seen any at all anymore. I just hear things now. My cats do see things as well ....i do believe you teri i do

the cat ghost has never scared me. in fact he comforts me. he has been with me a long time.

darn, meds would have been nice.....

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

roflmao teri13... haha I doubt you need meds

are you sure?

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

[quote]roflmao teri13... haha I doubt you need meds

are you sure? [/quote]

Yep, I´d be pretty sure enough to bet on it lol...

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

I do believe cats see spirits. Sometimes one of my cats will suddenly look up from where they are resting on the couch and look wide-eyed up the stairs. We do have a spirit here but not an unfriendly one. My house was built on land where there used to be stables a century or so ago and my daughter Ruth (Tegan) told me that she calls the spirit "Shadow man" and has seen him! He used to work as an ostler with the horses and was a very heavy smoker. I don´t see him, but I smell stale cigarette smoke sometimes (we don´t smoke)! I sense him around sometimes and that´s when I notice the cats looking wide-eyed and staring at what seems to be nothing!

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

Going back to your cat being scared williek09, I agree that you need to cleanse the room. Here is a spell for you:

You will need a besom or any kind of broom and an incense stick.

Completely clean the room from top to bottom then starting at the highest room in your home, sweep backwards through each doorway with a broom which symbolically chases out all bad feelings etc. At the threshold to your home, sweep backward with a vengeance! Then hold the broom aloft and shake it three times into the wind, turning in a counterclockwise direction and say:

" Spirits fly with the wind;
be banished from my way."

Finish the spell by lighting the incense stick in the centre of your home to sweeten the atmosphere.
Whatever the outcome, you will at least have a clean room which smells nice! Lol!

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

Okay for the people taht gave me the advice about ghost thank you my father and family are from a long line of native american indians the Choctaw tribe of Mississippi.and i will say this i did live in a house that was haunted by a lady that burned alive she wasn´t a mean spirit she just scared me to death and let me tell you something the place i´m living was where me and my dad lived previously he passed away here so i think he is playing a practical joke and scaring the kitty and yes i do believe in spirits good and bad but this must be my dad because he has not harmed anyone of us ace and blaze included so i will try the voice recorder ty vm guys be cool and no im not crazy

Quote | 8 years ago
edited by

I dont think you are crazy at all...everyone thinks I am b/c I do believe in ghosts and spirits...whichever you want to call them. But I am proud of it Just like I am proud to be a cat lover which somepeople think I am a cat crazy lady oh well thats me

You have to be logged in

Edit |
Delete
just now