This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement") derives from the United Dogs and Cats Community Guidlines, and governs our relationship with users and others who interact with United Dogs and Cats community. By using or accessing United Dogs or United Cats, you agree to this Statement.
We make every effort to keep United Dogs and Cats community safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We ask your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
1. You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on United Dogs and Cats.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access United Dogs and Cats, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
3. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
4. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
5. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
6. You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
7. You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or any other promotion on United Dogs and Cats without our prior written consent.
8. You will not use United Dogs and Cats to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
9. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of United Dogs and Cats, such as a denial of service attack of implant worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature.
10. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
United Dogs and Cats users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on registration, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission. You must provide true, accurate and complete registration information. You must be 13 years or older to use the uniteddogs.com and unitedcats.com service. By registering for the uniteddogs.com or unitedcats.com service, you represent and warrant that you are 13 or older and that you have the capacity to understand, agree to and comply with this Statement.
2. You will create a profile for a pet that you own and you certify that you have the right to distribute photos of this pet and that they do not violate any copyright laws. You will not create a fictional pet account of a nonexistent pet.
3. You can only create a cat profile to United Cats and a dog profile to United Dogs. At current time, no other pets are allowed.
4. You will not create more than one personal profile and not more than one account for each of your pet.
5. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
6. You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain.
7. You will not use United Dogs and Cats if you are under 13.
8. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
9. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
10. You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
11. If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate.
Sharing Content and Information
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos, you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content that you post on or in connection with United Dogs and Cats.
2. When you delete your content, you need to understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
3. When you publish content it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of United Dogs and Cats, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you.
Respect and People's Rights
We respect your and other people's rights, and expect the same from you.
1. You will not post content or take any action on United Dogs and Cats that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on United Dogs and Cats if we believe that it violates this Statement.
3. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
4. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
5. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including United Dogs or United Cats logo) or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
6. You will not post private information and private e-mail and chat conversation on United Dogs and Cats.
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Uniteddogs.com respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of any infringing material on the Web site, please contact us and provide us with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web site (including a URL and/or screen shot); your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of United Dogs and Cats to you. United Dogs and Cats reserves the right to terminate your United Dogs and Cats' membership and terminate your access to the Service for violation of the United Dogs and Cats' Terms of Service. In case of your United Dogs and Cats' membership and subscription to the Service be terminated, all fees and charges are nonrefundable.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on United Dogs and Cats, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
Disclaimer of warranties
THE UNITEDDOGS.COM SERVICE, AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS OBTAINED OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE UNITEDDOGS.COM SERVICES), PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. UNITEDDOGS.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE UNITEDDOGS.COM SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Limitation of liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL UNITEDDOGS.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE UNITEDDOGS.COM SERVICE, WHETHER OR NOT UNITEDDOGS.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY (I) WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF AND RELIANCE ON THE UNITEDDOGS.COM SERVICE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE UNITEDDOGS.COM SERVICE, OR FROM THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, OR TERMINATION OF THE UNITEDDOGS.COM SERVICE (INCLUDING SUCH DAMAGES INCURRED BY THIRD PARTIES), AND (II) NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation and exclusions may not apply to you. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL UNITEDDOGS.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT EXCEEDING ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1000.00).
We reserve the right to modify or terminate the United Dogs and Cats service for any reason, and without notice, without liability to you, any other member or any third party. We also reserve the right to modify terms of this Statement without notice. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Statement so that you will be apprised of any changes.
Date of Last Revision: May 16th 2011