Find user (22)

Quote | 3 months ago

Hi friends,

The function "find user" does not work.

Can someone ask to fix it?

X

Quote | 3 months ago

Beth Ju,

I am not having problems. Are you sure you are doing it right?

You have to select if you are searching for a user, dog, or cat, and then click the search circle. If searching for a cat, then you have to be on the cat site.

The search for clubs and forum has not worked for a long time, and the site being as low budget as it is, can not fix this issue.

So, only searches for users, dogs, or cats, can be utilized. X

Quote | 3 months ago

Yes, I´m doing right, Blanche.

The "find user" function is on the right side of kittyshop

Quote | 3 months ago

A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'username' in 'where clause'

SELECT COUNT(*) AS `numrows` FROM (`album`) WHERE (username LIKE "lianejb%" OR firstname LIKE "lianejb%" OR lastname LIKE "lianejb%") AND `album`.`owner_id` = '498311' AND album.deleted_time IS NULL AND `album`.`pic_count` > 0

Quote | 3 months ago

I've never had this occur before.

Sometimes if work is being done on the site by management, we get the error notification. But it is for a short period of time usually.

So if you keep getting this error sign, then maybe the person has been deleted from the site for whatever reason. Sometimes people request their profiles be deleted.

Quote | 3 months ago

No, the person that I used to make a test is my sister. Her profile exists. I don´t know who can fix this web architecture error.

Quote | 3 months ago

What is your sister's name on the site Beth Ju?

Let me see if I can find her.

Alma 
Quote | 3 months ago

Hello,

Dogs and cats can be found. I could never find members. Showing an error.

Quote | 3 months ago

This is strange, as I have never had any problems.

But sadly, if there is a problem, site management will not address it. As mentioned before, no money to hire a programmer to correct these issues.

If you see our list of championship members now, it is getting smaller and smaller, and this is the only way for the site to have money. A catch 22 situation. If these problems were corrected, then we would probably keep more members. X

Didi 
Quote | 3 months ago

only moderators can find other people. Users can not do that. An error occurs. It's hard to find a forum, usually an error occurs.

Quote | 3 months ago

I did not know that Didi. Thank you. This is why I never have problems with finding users.

Quote | 3 months ago

Blanche:

What is your sister's name on the site Beth Ju?

Let me see if I can find her.

https://unitedcats.com/en/user/lianejb

Quote | 3 months ago

Alma:

Hello,

Dogs and cats can be found. I could never find members. Showing an error.

Yes my friend, dogs and cats can be found.

Quote | 3 months ago

After all, who owns the site?

Quote | 3 months ago

Iris - https://unitedcats.com/en/user/iris

The site is ran by Iris. It is only one person. She has a programmer that takes care of things, but rather or not, she still has him, I don't know.

I have learned to just accept that many things will never work on this site. While it is very discouraging, we can still have fun here. The main thing is to have contact with friends.

It's a shame that all these issues can't be addressed, and then more people would want to stay, but there is nothing we can do when all control is by one person, who doesn't have the funds to address these issues.

Now that I remember, I think this issues was brought up in the moderators forum a long time ago, but like so many things, was put on a list of things to fix, and then we never heard anything.

Iris does work to support this site, and I think she does the best with what she has to work with.

Didi 
Quote | 3 months ago

A user who wants to find someone can click on friends, people, and / or pets and so it's easier to find a person. I work so often.

Quote | 3 months ago

But the person may not be your contact. Then this form does not work.

Didi 
Quote | 3 months ago

You can search for other people's friends if that person is not in your friends. For example, if I'm looking for someone, and if I know where I land on a flag, and people from that country open, if I do not have them among my friends, I click on a long-time person who has a lot of friends. So I always find.

Quote | 3 months ago

When I search on lianejb I find her no problem....

Quote | 3 months ago

I just tried it too, and it works.

I also tried under the profile of a user I sign on for (not a moderator) and it also works.

You have to be logged in

Edit |
Delete
just now