Title

Are you sure?

Forum Advertisement Pop-ups on Site (24)

Advertisement Pop-ups on Site (24)

Quote | 23 days ago

hello everyone.

You may have noticed advertisements popping up on the site and wondering if it is your computer.

Other people have been experiencing them too, me included. So it's not your computer.

Not sure yet what is going on. Management has been notified.

If I find out anything new, I will let you all know.

I did try to go to my Google settings and selected to block the ads on the site, but they are still appearing.

While this is very annoying, trying to be patient, and enjoy the site and your friends. X

Quote | 23 days ago

I thought our site had made a sponsorship agreement so ads began to appear

Quote | 23 days ago

I don´t like the ads X

Quote | 23 days ago

I do not understand how google has intruded on our site and started inserting these ads. X

Quote | 23 days ago

Google is very intrusive. I'm hoping Iris will be able to put a block on the ads.

They are getting very aggressive in their tactics. Even in my gmail, when I respond to a mail, they finish my sentences. It's very annoying. It's getting rather scary how much they invade people's computer use.

If you notice, the ads on the site are catered to you. I get ads for stores only where I live. So people on the site are getting different ads. I'm not seeing the same ads as you are.

Didi 
Quote | 23 days ago

I thought it was on my computer, and I tried to block this on my google account, but ads are still running. I find it easier for me to see that this is not just for me, but it is very embarrassing because whatever I open an ad appears.X

Quote | 23 days ago

Hoping Iris will respond and fix the problem soon!

Quote | 22 days ago

Iris did respond and said she has done nothing to the site.

I don't think anything will be done and we are going to just have to get use to these ads. This is a very low budget site with no funds to remedy this

People with computer protection that costs money are not seeing the ads, but many of the people here, like me, can't afford that.

If anything new develops, I will let you know.

Quote | 22 days ago

Blanche, I hope you don't mind me adding this here!

For the time being, I suggest installing ad-blocking add-ons to you browsers!

Those will automatically remove all ads and keep your page clean and orderly, and you safe from potential viruses some ads might have if you misclick and open them.

Adblockers are free and easy to use. You don't even need to do anything to keep them working. X

Debby 
Quote | 22 days ago

If Iris did not do an agreement with Google ,than they have no right to post advertisement on this site .It can be hacked or taken over by some kind of virus or whatever I do not understand .It is quite aggressive,so needs to be dealt if not bringing in any funds to the site .

Didi 
Quote | 22 days ago

Very unusual, do not understand how google can put ads without a web site permit ?

Quote | 22 days ago

Miss Cupcake, can you give hat is a good free ad blocker to install? If they are free, then I definitely want to do that.

Could Iris install an ad blocker for the site that would be free, as many people here might be like me and know nothing about computers, and not know about ad blocking.

I did go to my Google settings on my computer where you can put the sites you don't want pops up to occur and put our site, but still I'm getting the pop ups.

Debby, I have gotten a few warning on my computer about the site with my Avast Protection, and have had a few users tell me they have too. I have reported this to Iris.

I wouldn't mind the advertisements so much if they were at the top or bottom of the screen, but when they pop up right in the middle of what I'm doing, it very annoying.

Some of the ads will even be something from a COTW celebration weeks ago on the site, or something else not even advertising a product. This makes me think it is some sort of a virus or something.

Something is going on here.

Quote | 22 days ago

I answered in the dog forum ! X

Quote | 22 days ago

Hi friends. Here the ads stopped... I am at cat´s forum...

Didi 
Quote | 22 days ago

Something is happening, because there has not been any advertising until now. We all know that some sites have ads and the like. but there was not here. Once this happened before, then the management of this site made a blockade, we hope to do it again, because we are not all masters regarding computer work and I know that older people from the Croatian site have a problem and can not solve it.

X

Debby 
Quote | 22 days ago

If management did not agree to Google ads than there is no money coming in to the site ! If we still have a technical person for this site ,has to see if the problem was created from the hosting company security . We need professional advice to solve the problem .

The ublock and another Chrom ad block is not a good solution as it freezes the site and I can not write anything when these blocking programs are on .

Quote | 22 days ago

I downloaded the AdBlock today and no advertisements, but then I couldn't post here. But when I see what you wrote Debby, I then found out I can put a pause on the Ad block and now I can write here. I've been able to do everything else on the site but this one thread.

So when I'm done here, I guess I have to take the pause off, as I see the ads now. This will be very confusing for people.

I can mail Iris what you have written.

Quote | 22 days ago

AdBlock download for Chrome - https://adblock-chrome.en.softonic.com/

Quote | 21 days ago

You couldn't post only here in this thread or in the forums at all? I'm not having that issue. Weird. Sorry about the trouble!

Debby is right though. Adblockers shouldn't be a long-term solution. We need a programmer to fix it, but all we - the users - can do is use the blockers for now if we want an ad-free UDC experience until the issue is fixed. X

Quote | 21 days ago

Just this one thread I haven't been able to post. I had to put the AdBlock on pause to write here. It's very simple to do, but still many people might not figure out to do this. I wouldn't have known if I had not read this thread. The rest of the English forum and site, I'm having no problems. Just this thread and the same thread on the dog site.

I saw Iris on the site last night and sent a mail with what you wrote Debby, but no reply. She is not seeing the pop ups so I don't think she believes there is a problem, or just chooses not to deal with this for lack of funds. Who knows.

You have to be logged in

Edit |
Delete
just now